CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) UPDATE
Let me get straight to the point. We have all had and will continue to have our “challenges” due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19). From my team to yours; stay safe and let the human spirit shine through.
Being an essential supplier in the FMCG and packaging and the industries that support them, Result Group have ensured we have planned for today, the immediate weeks, following months and well into the future.
We have established a set of actions for our four product categories to ensure we continue operations with as little of an impact as possible. In the spirit of transparency, we would like to share these actions with you. We are in a good place as we are founded on values of being dynamic and making it happen, not waiting for it to happen…..
Consumable Products – Coding Inks and Solvents, Ribbons Reclose Tapes and Spare parts
- Our stock holdings of all inks, solvents, cartridges and ribbons have been increased
- Our stock holdings of spare parts has always been high and that will not change
- Our global suppliers even in countries with lockdown imposed are still working and shipping
- We have increased our planning activities to ensure we are aware of your needs
We would however, urge our customers to increase your stock holdings to avoid any possible future transport delays. Our Customer Services Team will be in touch regularly to make sure our plans match your needs.
Self-Adhesive Material Products – Herma Roll Stocks
- The existing coaters are in full production
- All containers are being shipped direct to Australia from Germany, no Asian transhipping is delaying freight.
- The global empty container shortage is being managed successfully.
- Our raw material sources are European based we are not reliant on Asian or US based suppliers with high risk of delays.
We would urge our customers to plan and place orders ahead of current policies if at all possible. Although today, standard lead times are in place, we are in a changing landscape and a simple action could avoid any unforeseen future transport delays. Our Sales & Customer Services Team will be in touch.
Machinery Products – Labellers, Sleevers, Print & Apply, Coding and Reseal Systems
- All our German and broader European partners are in full production.
- All our USA based partners are in full production.
- Although limited, our Asian partners are all now back in full production.
- We have secured the best sea & air freight options available even with a challenged aviation sector.
The Australian government has increased the instant asset write-off (IAWO) threshold from $30,000 to $150,000 and expanded access to include businesses with aggregated annual turnover of less than $500 million (up from $50 million). Our equipment range falls within this scope and in 99% of cases and we can deliver before 30th June 2020 for customers to take advantage of this unique situation.
24/7 Service & Technical Support – All Machines and Materials and Production at Result
- Across Australia our technicians remain at your disposal for breakdown or general servicing.
- We have additional IT in place to deal with remote support if site visits are prohibited.
- All team members will practice Social Distancing should onsite service be required.
- All team members will practice recommended hygiene actions with respect to COVID-19.
Our goal is to ensure we can keep your system in top shape and we will do just that! No matter of routine service or breakdown support to guarantee the most UPTIME possible. Should this be done on site or via remote connection, our quality of service will remain unchanged.
The reality is that while we do all we can, things may change faster than we can predict. We can assure you we will act quickly and review our actions every 48 hours to ensure they are the best they can be. Any new items will be addressed swiftly, without delay as we’ll continue to deliver what the Result Brand is all about……..RESULTS.
Our priority over the last week and into the foreseeable future has been protecting our team, positioning Result to run regardless of the situation we face and ensuring our supply chain is secure. By following these principles we are simply supporting the customers who have supported us over the last 10 plus years, while letting our actions position us for continued growth when this is over.
To put it simply, we remain OPEN FOR BUSINESS and take our collective responsibility very seriously in putting the stakeholders of Result and economy of Australia ahead of everything else. The more you can share with us, the better we will be able to service you and your business and, that is the most important ingredient in these unprecedented times.
Michael (Doss) Dossor
Group General Manager